We believe that the key to staying strong is to transform lives and communities from what they are today to what they can be, tomorrow. We believe that “Staying Family Strong” means no matter the degree of hardship no child should fight their illness alone. That’s why we build relationships with businesses and the community to help relieve families from overwhelming medical, emotional and financial stress that rob them from being where they’re needed most – with their children.
The Alana Rose Foundation works to provide financial assistance to help with travel, housing and/or living expenses for qualified families, making children happier and healthier by keeping their family together.
What began as a single family struggling to find a way to alleviate financial burdens to spend time with their daughter, grew quickly into a foundation committed to helping families remain together through hardship.
Our Guiding Principles
- We’re all in this together.
- Nothing truly happens unless a life is changed.
- We provide financial assistance to qualified families verified by social workers and local families through A.I. duPont Hospital for Children.
- The greatest good is helping families remain together.
How We Were Founded
Forty-six long, tiring days at A.I. duPont Hospital for Children in Wilmington, DE. That’s how long it took for our daughter, Alana, to be released. Days turned into weeks – weeks into months. We quickly familiarized ourselves with the colorful hallways and sickeningly, sweet smell of the 4-East Wing. However, we couldn’t acclimatize to the children alone in their rooms; no family present; and no one to read them their favorite bedtime stories. We realized it wasn’t because their family did not love or want to be with them, but because they have life’s obligations needed to be maintained outside of the hospital.
Even though A.I. DuPont had provided an environment promoting children’s physical, emotional and spiritual healing, we too became victim of emotional and financial instability. We were blessed to receive contributions from foundations along with the community, allowing us to spend every second with our precious daughter.
Our hearts were changed forever.
Thanks to all of our donors, supporters, and family, we were able to spend forty-five days, and forty-six nights in the hospital with our little girl. We started The Alana Rose Foundation to provide the same relief that we had received, and more, which is why we will also continue to make contributions to The Ronald McDonald House, Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children, and NKH Research.
The Alana Rose Foundation understands that although we cannot provide a cure for these illnesses that bring heartache to our lives, we can support the families in compassionate and creative ways. We aim to provide opportunities for families and children to relax, laugh, and be recognized for the special people they are.
Qualified Families Must Meet The Following Requirements:
- Child requiring assistance must be under 18 years of age and have a terminal or life-threatening illness
- Requested donations must be used towards at least one of the following:
- Improvement of quality of care
- Relieve legitimate financial burden for the family
- Provide cost for transportation to and from the hospital and/or medical appointments
- Family must have social worker representation and proper documentation for financial need